• The Los Angeles Lakers officially named former San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Mike Brown their new head coach. (ktsm.com)
• The Spurs' Silver Dancers held a photo shoot to model some summer fashions. I highly recommend taking a look. (mysanantonio.com)
• At The Hive ranks the January 22 meeting between the Spurs and New Orleans Hornets in New Orleans as part of their top 10 moments of the season for New Orleans series:
The next night, the Hornets traveled back home to face league leading San Antonio Spurs who came in with a 37-6 record and riding an 8 game winning streak of their own. In what is easily one of my favorite games of the season, the sold out New Orleans Arena provided an atmosphere unlike any other so far that season as the team was approaching the reach of the benchmark/lease agreement between the franchise and the New Orleans Arena. The fans booed the division rival Spurs at every touch as the Hornets and Spurs toughed their way through a brutal first half that left the Hornets with a slim 41-38 lead at halftime. Then, in the third quarter, the Hornets exploded.
• Former Spurs center Nazr Mohammed would like to remain a member of the up-and-coming Oklahoma City Thunder:
Nazr, who becomes a free agent in the summer, posted a message on the social networking site that he would love to re-sign with the franchise for the upcoming seasons. (bettor.com)
• Spurs Brasil discusses young players who are already in the Spurs' system.
• Express News' Tim Griffin talks about Dallas Mavericks' Jason Kidd's possibility to be the oldest point guard to win an NBA title.
• Pounding the Rock talks about the Spurs' offseason.