• Want free San Antonio Spurs tickets? Of course you do! We here at Project Spurs are giving away free tickets to either the Denver Nuggets or Los Angeles Lakers game. How do you get them? Find out by clicking HERE.
• Spurs guard sat out against the Memphis Grizzlies last night and it seems he will be out for a few more games says Express News' Tim Griffin. Seems Hill sprained his toe.
“He was trying to be a hero,” Popovich said. “Finally, we stopped believing him. He’s on a little medication and in the boot and trying to stay off of it and see if the inflammation can be reduced. If that happens we’ll be O.K.”
Better to be safe than sorry. This will also mean more playing time for Chris Quinn who scored in double-figures in the last game against the Grizzlies.
• Tim Duncan hit another milestone in his NBA career when he played his 1, 000th NBA game:
"I would rather not be told that," Duncan said. "I've played for a long time, and I'm getting really old. I wish I'd only played 10 (games), and still have 1,000 more in front of me."
• Spurs' Tony Parker, James Anderson and George Hill visited the St. Peter - St. Joseph's Children's Home. Classy move on their part and just shows you how much the spurs do for the San Antonio community. Check out the video from spurs.com.
• Food for thought: It is soon to be an odd numbered year (2011) and Spurs fans know all of their four NBA titles were won in odd numbered years. Will 2011 give Spurs fans another river parade in San Antonio in June? Let's hope this pattern continues this season.
• In the last game versus the Grizzlies, Spurs' Matt Bonner's one of his basketball sneakers literally fell apart and it ended up looking like a flip-flop sandal. Since we are on the topic of sneakers, check out this 2008 video of Bonner promoting a charity event called "Sneakers and Speakers" with Bonner playing the tambourine, showing off his painting "skills," and more.