• WOAI.com discusses San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich as the 2011 NBA Coach of the Year:
• The Spurs get a "thumbs up" from Sun Media:
Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is up to the San Antonio Spurs, who bring real meaning to the word team. The Spurs lead the NBA with 61 wins and don't have a single scorer in the top 25 in the league. They don't have a single rebounder in the top 15. Their one-time franchise player, Tim Duncan, is having career lows in virtually every category. The Spurs don't have an owner that anyone could recognize. They have a general manager named Buford who nobody could pick out of a lineup. But they have a coach, Gregg Popovich, and more importantly they have a collection of 12 players who together all contribute something to this remarkable NBA franchise. (tsn.ca)
• Express News' Tim Griffin shares the quotes the Spurs' media services hand out after the win over the Utah Jazz.
• Former Spur and now former Austin Toros' Marcus Cousin has been signed with the Houston Rockets. Check out the details at Toros Nation.
• Former Spur Bobby Simmons talks about what drives him to make it back into the NBA:
"I still have the passion for the game," Simmons says matter-of-factly, his shirt drenched in sweat and ice packs on both knees following a recent Reno Bighorns practice. "I got tired of watching other people play basketball. I think that was the main thing: I was never done playing. I still had the drive and motivation to get out there and just play." (rgj.com)