• The San Antonio Spurs will face the Los Angeles Lakers who will be without guard Steve Blake due to a case of chicken pox while Matt Barnes is a gametime decision due to a sore right knee. (espn.com)
• Should the Spurs win tonight against the Lakers, Los Angeles could fall to the third spot in the West playoffs. Also, with the Western Conference playoff seeding still up in the air for a few teams, Manu Ginobili asks for someone to help him out and figure it all out:
• HuffingtonPost.com says Chicago Bull head coach Tom Thibodeau and not Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is their Coach of the Year.
• RedsArmy.com ponders what the Spurs are up to in case the Boston Celtics face the Spurs in the NBA Finals.
• Express News' Tim Griffin talks about a potential Spurs-New Orleans Hornets first-round matchup.
• Craveonline.com has former Spur Avery Johnson as one of the best short players to play in the NBA:
Before being a head coach in the NBA or an analyst for ESPN, Avery Johnson was a versatile guard in the NBA for 16 years. Though undrafted, Johnson was eventually signed by the Seattle Supersonics and would end up playing for them as well as the Denver Nuggets, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs and the Dallas Mavericks. His most successful run came with the Spurs where he played a key role in winning the 1999 NBA Championship against the New York Knicks, making a game winning shot in game 5 of the series. Johnson had his number retired by the Spurs in 2007 and was inducted into San Antonio's Sports Hall of Fame on February 20, 2009.
• Playmakeronline.com talks about the Spurs.
• Pounding the Rock previews tonight's Spurs-Lakers game.