• Sure the San Antonio Spurs lost to the Chicago Bulls last night to end the Rodeo Road Trip but Manu Ginobili had this tasty dunk on Bulls' Carlos Boozer:
• Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who will be coaching the Western Conference All-Star team this Sunday, shared his thoughts on Justin Bieber playing in the celebrity game:
San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich turned music critic during Friday's media gathering at NBA All-Star weekend.
Asked "what does it mean at the celebrity game, Justin Bieber is going to be with with us [in the celebrity game]," Popovich said, "It would be disingenuous of me if I told you how excited I was to see Justin." (latimes.com)
• ProBasketBallTalk.com says the Spurs feel their hot start will be meaningless if they flounder in the second half of the season:
“It is going to be hard, because we have a bulls-eye on the back now,” Ginobili said. “We are leading the NBA. Same with the Lakers or Celtics, everybody wants to beat you. They want to test themselves against the best in the league, so it’s going to be harder to maintain.
“But we don’t want had one of the great first half of the season. We want to complete it. We want to complete it, we want to win the championship.”
• Spurs coach did an interview with Ole.com and said the Spurs are not going to be champions without Manu Ginobili:
Pop se deshace en elogios para Ginóbili. “No podemos ser campeones sin él”, asegura el coach.
• Mikkayla Guillett and yours truly of the Project Spurs affiliate site Toros Nation, shared our thoughts on the Spurs' D-League affiliate Austin Toros at the break:
At the break, the Toros are a game and a half out of the playoff hunt. Unless things turn around for the better, there’s a possibility the team will miss the post season. Something that hasn’t happened since the San Antonio Spurs gained full control of the team four seasons ago.
Hit the jump to find out how to win free tickets to the Spurs-Oklahoma City Thunder game this month, what Tim Duncan eats on gameday, and more.