• The San Antonio Spurs were in contention to sign free agent swing man Corey Brewer but it appears he will be heading to the Dallas Mavericks:
Free-agent-to-be Corey Brewer -- armmed with financial packages from the Boston Celtics, San Antonio Spurs and Mavericks -- is close to signing a contract with the Mavs. Dallas, according to a source, is expected to give Brewer a three-year contract in excess of $7 million once he clears waivers Thursday. (sportsblogs.star-telegram.com)
• In last night's Spurs' loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, Grizzlies' Marc Gasol was ejected for pointing to the big screen above the court. Check out the video.
• Mavericks, Jason Kidd spoke on how much Dallas must play consistent basketball with the Spurs playing so well:
"This was another dress rehearsal for the playoffs," said point guard Jason Kidd, who got the 107th triple-double of his career. "San Antonio is playing extremely well. So are the Lakers. We have to keep playing consistent basketball, especially as we get closer to the playoffs." (americanchronicle.com)
• Who is the NBA 2011 Coach of the year? NBA.com discussed many candidates but Spurs' Gregg Popovich took most of the votes. Here is a sample:
Fran Blinebury: Gregg Popovich. The annual flaw in the Coach of the Year voting is that it rarely goes to the guy whose teams finishes with the best record in the league. It seems he’s expected to be a big winner. Well, virtually nobody that I saw in any preseason predictions expected the Spurs to finish with the No. 1 record in the league. Pop has rejuvenated Richard Jefferson, remade his offense, still complains about his defense and he’s got the Spurs sailing along with the best record while the Heat, Lakers, Magic, Knicks, etc have drawn all the headlines.
• The WNBA will announce that San Antonio will host the next WNBA All-Star game:
The WNBA All-Star game will be played on July 23 at the AT&T Center, multiple sources have told the San Antonio Express-News.
WNBA, Spurs Sports & Entertainment and county officials are expected to make the announcement at an 11 a.m. news conference Thursday at the AT&T Center, site of the game. (Express News)
Hit the jump to read about the Sacramento Kings memorable moments which involve the Spurs, Boston Celtics fans keeping an eye on the Spurs, a new episode of Fundamentals with Coach "B," and more.