• Former San Antonio Spurs player Chuck Person was known for his offensive skills but it seems he has a lot to do with the Los Angeles Lakers huge win against the Spurs yesterday and the Lakers improved defense:
"We kind of gave Chuck Person dedicated moments in practice to really work on our defense," Jackson said. "He's been good with the guys and handled it really well. We've taken extra time defensively in practice rather than doing as much execution offensively as we have in the past." (latimes.com)
• After yesterday's loss to the Lakers, Manu Ginobili shared his thoughts on the Spurs' performance:
• Seems it wasn't just the Spurs who suffered at the hands of the Lakers. Check out this Spurs fan getting tackled by Ron Artest.
• NBA.com caught up with Spurs' great David Robinson and here is what he had to say about playing with someone who can post double-doubles nightly:
Jonah Ballow: How important is it to have a player like that – who can post double-doubles on a nightly basis?
David Robinson: Unbelievable, there's no way you're going to get to be a good team unless you have reliable leaders, consistent leaders, and he's been that for that team, so at least it gives him kind of a good starting block to get back in the mix of all the top tier teams.
• With the Spurs celebrating Noche Latino night wearing the "Los Spurs" jerseys this past week, RedsArmy.com says let's celebrate all cultures in the NBA with some fantastic pictures. A must see!
• Former Spur Bobby Simmons to sign with the D-League's Reno Bighorns.
Hit the jump to read about Spurs' head coach having a fitful night after the loss to the Lakers, George Hill's and DeJuan Blair's new show, The Onion poking fun at Tim Duncan once again, small vs big NBA markets, and more.