• The San Antonio Spurs are having one of their best seasons at the free-throw line:
San Antonio is having its best season at the foul line since 1981-'82, when it made 77.6% of its free throws.
The Tony Parker-Tim Duncan-Manu Ginobili Spurs have never shot better than 76.1% (in 2007-'08), and the 2005-'06 team that won a franchise-record 63 games shot 70.2%. Entering Friday, the Spurs were shooting 76.9%.
Ginobili and George Hill are both shooting over 85%, and DeJuan Blair and Parker have improved from the line. Duncan, a streaky foul shooter, is on pace for the fewest attempts of his career.
"It usually depends on the main guys," said Ginobili. "When Miami and Phoenix had Shaq (O'Neal), the guy shooting the most free throws, the percentage is going to go down. We've got a bunch of 80% guys. That makes it higher. We've been improving slowly. To tell you the truth, I don't know the secret." (jsonline.com)
• Austin Toros' Marcus Cousin will not be getting another 10-day contract from the Utah Jazz. Read the report at Toros Nation.
• The Toros also won against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and keep their playoff hopes alive. Read the recap at Toros Nation.
• RedsArmy.com places the Spurs under the Boston Celtics' microscope.
• Express News' Tim Griffin shares some notes from the Spurs win over the Dallas Mavericks.
• Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you've followed, send out a tweet that says "Follow @TiqFeed_Texas" and include your favorite live Texas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.