• It's the final 26 games of the San Antonio Spurs season and the playoffs are fast approaching. What do the Spurs have to say about the stretch run? Check it out.
• Our good buddy John Karalis at Reds Army sent me an email about the odds Bodog.com is currently giving the Spurs to win the NBA title this season. I can understand the Celtics over the Spurs but the Heat, and Lakers have a better shot over the Spurs at a title? Is it me or are the Spurs totally not getting any respect from Bodog?
Odds to win 2011 NBA Championship
Miami Heat 11/5
Boston Celtics 7/2
Los Angeles Lakers 4/1
San Antonio Spurs 9/2
• Express News' Tim Griffin reports it is still uncertain when Tiago Splitter will be back on the court for the Spurs:
Team officials described Splitter’s condition after Tuesday’s practice as day-to-day. He appeared in several practice drills while the media was present before leaving the court with a team trainer.
• The Spurs will be hosting the Silver and Black Give Back weekend for community initiatives:
Silver & Black Give Back, formerly Spurs Foundation, will be raising awareness and funds for its community initiatives during the first-ever Silver & Black Give Back Weekend, Friday, Feb. 25 through Sunday, Feb. 27.
The Silver & Black Weekend tips-off with two weekend game broadcasts dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the programs supported by Silver & Black Give Back. On Friday, the Spurs vs. New Jersey Nets game will air on KENS 5 TV at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday the Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies game will television locally on FOX Sports Southwest at 6:00 p.m. Fans will also have opportunities during both game broadcasts to make donations in support of Silver and Black Give Back initiatives by calling 210.444.5050. (spurs.com)
• Hoops World has Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich as their Coach of the Year:
#1 Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs, 46-10, Pace-to-win 67, last year: 50-32
(Last week #1, 46-9)
Coach Popovich has led his team to winning streaks of 12, 10, and 8 games this season and has only lost two-games in a row once and that was on the road back-to-back against the Knicks and Celtics. The Spurs have just finished the toughest stretch of games they will face this year, the annual rodeo road-trip, where they went 6-3. It will not be easy to catch Popovich.
Hit the jump to read how to win free tickets to tomorrow's Spurs-Oklahoma City Thunder game, praise the Spurs received from Chicago, George Hill giving back to the community, and more.