• Seems being away from home on the Rodeo Road Trip allows for some team bonding for the San Antonio Spurs:
• Speaking of the Spurs' Rodeo Road Trip, Antonio McDyess knows all about dining on the road:
McDyess said that landing late at night into a city and finding food isn’t always so easy. “It’s always tough,” said McDyess. “You don’t know when to go to sleep, when not. Some hotels have room service, some don’t. Especially for the young guys. It’s tougher for them as opposed to us old guys who have a little more experience with this.”
McDyess said he prefers to order in as opposed to venturing out in foreign cities. However, when it comes to New York City, there is one place he just has to visit: Angelo & Maxie’s Steakhouse on Park Avenue and 19th St. in Manhattan. (sportsandfood.com)
• But which Spurs player is the biggest eater? If you guessed DeJuan Blair, you are correct.
“DeJuan [Blair],” McDyess said with a chuckle. “But I can’t say that to him because he’s on a diet.” (sportsandfood.com)
• Pounding The Rock talks about Spurs' Steve Novak, 100 three point-shots, and the art of shooting.
• The Tower Light has some nice words for Spurs' Gary Neal and his participation at the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge:
Gary Neal’s story is pretty awesome if you ask me. He has gone from playing at LaSalle and Towson in his college career to the European leagues and now the Spurs. Every stop of the way has come with bumps in the road, but there have been more peaks than valleys with the league-leading Spurs.
I’ll be glued to my TV set this Friday night to catch a glimpse of Neal amongst the NBA’s brightest young stars at All-Star Weekend. I can see it now: Neal throwing an alley-oop lob to Blake Griffin, who throws it down and gives the Spur a high-five as he struts down the court. Everyone smiles. Especially me.
• And speaking of Neal, Express News' Tim Griffin reports ESPN's Outside the Lines will do a feature on Neal.
Hit the jump to read how to win free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Oklahoma City Thunder game in San Antonio, where a former Spurs' player is now playing, which former Spur was listed as a bust in the NBA, on the Spurs winning quietly, about a former Spur in some legal trouble and more.