• The San Antonio Spurs will host Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday April 9 when the Spurs host the Utah Jazz:
Fans can look forward to fun prizes including; H-E-B gift cards, Cowboys tickets courtesy of AT&T, Express Lube coupons, Academy Sports + Outdoors gift cards, Sea World passes, Planet Fitness free memberships, Taco Cabana coupons and much more.
Tickets are available starting at $10 for Fan Appreciation Night and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster Ticket Center locations, charge by phone at (210) 225-TEAM, online at spurs.com or ticketmaster.com or at the AT&T Center Southeast Box Office Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at 10 a.m. on weekend event days. (spurs.com)
• With the Portland Trail Blazers recent win over the Dallas Mavericks, the Spurs locked up the Southwest Division and are officially the Southwest Division Champs!
• Former Spurs player Antonio Daniels got the call-up from the D-League's Texas Legends to the Philadelphia 76ers to fill-in for the injured Lou Williams:
Sixers head coach Doug Collins said Monday that Daniels, the 36-year-old veteran point guard, will officially join the Sixers on a 10-day contract Tuesday morning in Boston, where the Sixers will face the Celtics later in the day at TD Garden. (csnphilly.com)
• Fox Sports Ohio says Tim Duncan and Boston Celtics' Shaquille O'Neal still matter:
The Spurs and Celtics also know the postseason is a slow-it-down, grind-it-out and physical brand of basketball. And both teams possess rosters in line with that philosophy.
Duncan and O’Neal are still the anchors to that approach. Even now, and even though they aren’t as forceful as they once were, the two most dominant big men of the past decade really matter again.
• Austin Toros' Lance Thomas spoke on the seizure he suffered during a regular season game against the Idaho Stampede:
“I feel fine,” Thomas said. “The hit I took was pretty bad at the moment with what happened, but I feel fine now. I have to wait a little bit until I have clearance from the doctors. From the standpoint of day-to-day from when it happened, I feel fine.” (TorosNation.com)