The San Antonio Spurs (49-15) will travel to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves (21-39) tonight on the second night of a back-to-back. This will be the Spurs and Wolves third meeting of the season with the Spurs winning the first two meetings. However, the Spurs will be without Tim Duncan (sore left knee), Kawhi Leonard (sore left knee) and Tony Parker (sprained left ankle) tonight in Minnesota. All three did not travel with the team to Minneapolis.
In their last meeting against Minnesota, San Antonio won 104-94 to open the rodeo road trip. Tony Parker finished with 31 points and 8 assists while Kawhi Leonard had 19 points and 10 rebounds. Nikola Pekovic led Minnesota with 21 points and 10 boards.
The Spurs are coming off a 105-93 win over the Thunder in San Antonio last night. Tiago Splitter led the Spurs with 21 points and 10 rebounds. With the win, the Spurs now own a two-game lead over the Thunder for the top spot in the West.
The Timberwolves are coming off a 77-100 loss to the Mavericks in Minnesota. Derrick Williams' 18 points and nine rebounds led Minnesota.
And as the Spurs look to beat the Wolves, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• The Spurs are 11-0 on the road when they shoot 50% or more and are 8-5 on the second game off a back-to-back this season.
• The Timberwolves are 1-15 when scoring less than 90 points.
• The Timberwolves are 11-4 when allowing less than 90 points.
• The Timberwolves have lost a league-high 10 games when taking a lead into the 4th quarter.
• The Timberwolves have been outrebounded in 24 of its past 30 games.