The San Antonio Spurs (28-10) will visit Southwest Division foe Memphis Grizzlies (23-10) tonight in Memphis, a team the Spurs have defeated five time in a row.
The Spurs and Grizzlies will meet for the second time this season. The Spurs beat the Grizzlies in the first game, 99-95 in OT in San Antonio. The Spurs were led by Tony Parker’s 30 points and 6 assists and Tim Duncan had 27 points and 15 rebounds. The Grizzlies were led by Marc Gasol with 20 points and 8 rebounds while Zach Randolph had 17 points and 15 rebounds.
The Spurs are coming off a narrow win over the Lakers 108-105 in San Antonio. The Spurs were led by Manu Ginobili with 19 points and Kawhi Leonard finished with 11 points.
The Grizzlies are coming off a loss to the Warriors 87-94 at Oracle Arena. Randolph led Memphis with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
And while the Spurs hope to avoid their seventh loss in nine road games, here are five things to watch for during tonight's contest:
• The Spurs have just averaged 85.5 points in its last two road games as opposed to 112 points in its last six at home.
• The Grizzlies are undefeated this season (10‐0) when scoring 100 points.
• Memphis has held 31 of its last 32 opponents under 100 points.
• The Grizzlies ranks first in the NBA in points allowed per game (89.1).
• Memphis has forced at least 10 turnovers in 137 consecutive games.