The San Antonio Spurs (23-7) will host the Brooklyn Nets (10-20) tonight on New Year's Eve at the AT&T Center to close out 2013.
The Spurs are coming off a 112-104 win over the Kings. Manu Ginobili scored a season-high 28 points and Tim Duncan finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
The Nets are coming off a 91-105 loss to the Pacers. Paul Pierce scored a team-high 18 points in the loss. Also, the Nets will be looking to snap a 10-game losing streak in San Antonio.
And as the Spurs hope to start the new year on the right foot, here are five things to watch for during tonight's contest:
• The Spurs are 4-4 in their last eight home games.
• The Nets are 2-15 when trailing at halftime.
• The Nets are 8-5 when scoring 100 or more points.
• The Spurs are 17-4 when scoring 100 points or more.
• The Nets are 10-1 when leading after third quarter but are 0-18 when trailing after third.
@quixem what are the KG vs Duncan career w-l record?
@quixem OH go Timmy. I've been thinking about who id rather start a team with, if they were rookies, randomly today and decided Duncan so
@quixem daaaaaaaaamn that's quite impressive
@Colbyasmithwick so, yeah, that's a good choice.
@Colbyasmithwick I tweeted this awhile ago, but Timmeh is above. 500 against KG, Nash, Dirk, Kobe and LeBron for his career.