The San Antonio Spurs (57-20) will hit the road tonight to face the Denver Nuggets (53-24) in Denver (NBA best 35-3 at home) in a Western Conference clash. This will be the final regular season meeting between the two teams with the Spurs holding a 2-1 series lead. However, if the Spurs want to pick up the win, they'll be without Boris Diaw, Manu Ginobili, Stephen Jackson (did not make the trip) and Tony Parker is probable.
In the third meeting between San Antonio and Denver, the Spurs narrowly won at home, 100-99. Tim Duncan’s 23 points, 14 rebounds and 5 blocks led the Spurs while Denver was paced by JaVale McGee’s 21 points and 11 rebounds.
The Spurs are coming off a 99-97 win over the Hawks in San Antonio. Duncan led the Spurs by scoring 31 points, grabbing 14 points and recording four blocks.
The Nuggets are coming off a 132-114 win over the Rockets in Denver. Corey Brewer scored 22 points to lead Denver.
And as the Spurs look to hold on to their slim lead over the Thunder in the race for the top spot in the West, here are five things to watch for during tonight's contest:
• Spurs' Duncan is averaging 23.0 points and 12.0 rebounds over his last 11 games.
• The Nuggets have won 38 of their last 39 home games when scoring 100-plus points.
• The Nuggets are 20-6 when two-or-more players score 20-plus points.
• The Nuggets are 31-3 when allowing fewer than 100 points.
• The Nuggets are 12-2 on the year when committing 10-or-fewer turnovers.