The San Antonio Spurs (27-13) will host the Orlando Magic (28-15) tonight in what possibly could be all-star center Dwight Howard's final game with Orlando. Where do the Magic and Howard go from here remains to be seen, but let's focus on tonight's contest.
This will mark the final game between these two teams in this condensed season. In January, the Spurs won a thrilling overtime game with the Spurs escaping Orlando 85-83 thanks to a clutch three-point shot by Gary Neal with 28.2 seconds to secure the narrow win.
For a complete breakdown of tonight's matchup, check out Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's gameday preview but here are five things to watch for in tonight's game.
- Keep an eye on Ryan Anderson -- he can carry the Magic. Anderson led (or tied) the team in scoring 11 times, and in rebounding four times.
- Don't let the Magic put in points. Orlando is 19-2 when scoring when scoring 100-plus points.
- Contain as many Magic players as possible. The Magic are 16-3 when Orlando has five-or-more players scoring in double-figures.
- Bring the defense Spurs! Orlando is 9-13 when scoring 100 points or less.
- Watch out of the Magic are leading after three quarters. Orlando is 21-3 when leading or tied after the third quarter.
Matchup to watch: Tim Duncan vs. Dwight Howard. Here is how the two big men fared against one another (via nba.com) this season.