The San Antonio Spurs (26-13) will look to shake off a recent home loss to the Los Angeles Clippers as they host the Washington Wizards (9-30) tonight in the Alamo City.For San Antonio, playing the lowly Wizards might be what the doctor ordered. Since the All-Star break, the Spurs have a 2-3 record with three losses in the AT&T Center. Prior to the break, for an opposing team to win in San Antonio was a rare feat. Granted, Spurs' Tony Parker sat out of the last game against the Clippers, however, the Spurs have not been the same this month.
For more on tonight's matchup, check out Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's scouting report on the Wizards but here are five things to watch for during tonight's game.
- Keep the Wizards off the glass. On the road, Washington is 1-11 when they grab fewer rebounds than their opponent.
- Let's keep it a low scoring game. On the road, the Wizards are 0-8 when scoring between 80-89 points.
- Odd. Even when Washington takes care of the ball, they still lose. Washington is 0-4 when they have fewer turnovers than their opponent on the road.
- Washington is even at 1-1 on the road when scoring between 90-99 points.
- But if it is going to be a high scoring game, the San Antonio should get past the century mark. On the road, the Wizards are 1-13 when they give up 100 points or more.
Matchup to watch: It will be a battle of the point guards tonight so watch Tony Parker vs. John Wall. And good news Spurs fans, TP is set to play tonight after sitting out the Clippers game with a bruised thigh. Check out what TP had to say (via woai.com).