The San Antonio Spurs (33-14) will look to win their sixth straight game tonight and a measure of revenge as they take on the Sacramento Kings (17-32) tonight in Sacramento.
The Spurs and Kings last met in January in San Antonio where the Kings ended a 12-game losing streak to San Antonio in the Alamo City 88-86. Sacramento also handed the San Antonio their first home loss of the season in their first meeting. Kings' Tyreke Evans scored 23 points including the game-winning shot for Sacramento. Spurs' Danny Green missed a shot with a second remaining which could have tied the game and force overtime.
For a full preview of tonight's contest, check out Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's preview but here are five things to watch for during tonight's game.
- Spurs need to learn from their mistakes against the Kings tonight. The Kings outrebounded the Spurs, 46-45 and notched 21 fastbreak points in their first meeting this season.
- Sacramento is hitting the century mark pretty regularly. The Kings have scored 100 points or more in each of its last seven games, averaging 111.7 points per game.
- Spurs should also beware of the Kings defense. Sacramento is 12-8 when holding teams to under 100 points.
- Don't let the Kings take the lead after three quarters. The Kings are 10-3 when leading after the third period.
- It be best for the Spurs to score over 100 tonight. Sacramento is 5-24 when allowing teams to score 100 or more points.
Team comparison: Here is how the Spurs and Kings fared against each other in their first meeting this season (via nba.com).