The San Antonio Spurs (26-12) will host the Los Angeles Clippers (22-15) tonight at the AT&T Center as San Antonio looks to prove experience will win over youth.
Tonight's contest will mark the third time these two Western Conference powers meet this season with San Antonio winning the previous two matchups. In the last meeting, Spurs' Gary Neal nailed a three-point shot to send the game into overtime after Clippers' Chris Paul fumbled a pass. The Spurs would end up beating the Clippers 103-100 in overtime.
For a complete breakdown of tonight's contest between the two divisional leaders, make sure to read Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's preview but here are five things to watch for in tonight's game.
- The Clippers are road warriors if they hit the century mark. The Clips are 9-0 this season on the road when they score 100 or more points.
- Let's keep it a low-scoring affair tonight. The Clippers are 2-9 this season on the road when scoring under 100 points.
- Keep Butler off the boards. Los Angeles is 10-5 when Caron Butler grabs five or more rebounds.
- Clips usually pull out the win if leading after three quarters on the road. Clips are 6-2 on the road this season when leading after three quarters.
- Clippers own one of the best records at 16-2 when allowing less than 96 points.
Matchup to watch: Tony Parker vs. Chris Paul. Here is how the two point gaurds fared against each other (via nba.com) this season.