The San Antonio Spurs (13-9) will host the Houston Rockets (12-9) tonight in the AT&T Center which will mark the last time these two Texas teams will face off this season. The Rockets hold the season series lead at 2-1, and the Spurs need to get the win to tie up the series especially if these two team meet in the playoffs.
For a full preview of this game, check out Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's in-depth preview but as these two teams get ready to tussle, here are five things to keep an eye on during the game.
- Spurs pour in the points against the Rockets. Houston has allowed the Spurs to score over 100 points in nine of their last 10 meetings.
- There's no place like home for the Spurs against the Rockets. Houston has lost in 31 of the past 37 visits to San Antonio.
- Spurs seriously need to keep Samuel Dalembert off the glass. Dalembert grabbed 31 offensive rebounds over a five-game stretch from 1/13/12 to 1/19/12.
- Let's keep it a high-scoring game tonight Spurs. Houston is 5-0 when opponents score less than 90 points.
- The Rockets sure do like to score in the paint. Houston scored 50 points in the paint in four consecutive games this season from 1/11/12 to 1/16/12.
Twice the spurs lost to the rockets. They don't play well with teams with big players. They lost to the kings, didn't they? Another drawback of the team is the tendency of its coach to use its players even when they are not performing well. At point is the case of Neal. That game against the grizzlies. He had a big fat egg yet he keps on playing. He refused to use other members of the team, like Anderson. In that losing game against the mavs Anderson shown what he can do, passing, rebounding and shooting. He is a team player. Such a coach loses the confidence of others. I know next year Anderson maybe playing with another team but he still a spurs.today. He should he used if the spurs wants to win tonight.