The San Antonio Spurs (18-9) will face the New Jersey Nets (8-20) and put their six-game winning streak on the line tonight as their annual Rodeo Road Trip continues.
The Spurs are coming off a win 100-90 win against the Philadelphia 76ers (2-0 on their current road trip) while the Nets are slumping and coming off a loss to the Detroit Pistons and are slumping. The Nets have lost five straight but did see the return of their star rookie MarShon Brooks back on the court after a toe injury.
For a complete preview of tonight's contest, check out Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's breakdown but here are five things to watch for in tonight's game.
- Nets may be losing but it's not because of Deron Williams' efforts. D-Will is the only player in the NBA to average 20+ points and 8+ assists. Also, in the Nets' eight wins, D-Will has averaged 26.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 10.3 assists in 41 minutes.
- So the Nets really can hit the three-point shot. New Jersey hit a franchise-high 20 three-pointers versus the Nuggets this season.
- The Nets starters can pour in the points. All five Nets starters have scored in double figures twice this season against the Cavs and Suns.
- So the Nets lost tot he Pistons last night which bodes well for the Spurs. The Nets are 1-3 this season in the second game of a back-to-back when they have a road and home series.
- The Nets are getting beat badly during their current losing streak. New Jersey is being outscored by an average of 11.0 points.
Matchup to watch: Tony Parker vs. Deron Williams. Here is how they played against each other last season.