The San Antonio Spurs (17-9) will put their five-game winning streak on the line as they take on the Philadelphia 76ers (18-7) tonight in game two of the annual Rodeo Road Trip.
The Spurs head into tonight's game beating the Memphis Grizzlies, 89-84 this past Monday while the 76ers come off a tough loss to the Lakers 90-95 also this past Monday. For the 76ers, they enter tonight's game without Spencer Hawes (left Achilles strain) but will have Elton Brand in action since he has been out with an injury (sprained right thumb). For a complete preview of tonight's contest, make sure to read Project Spurs' Paul Garcia's breakdown.
But as the Spurs and 76ers get ready to hit the court, let's take a look at five things to watch for in tonight's game.
- No brotherly love in Philly. The Sixers have won four straight in Philadelphia over the Spurs and will be looking to win two straight games over San Antonio for the first time since 11/14/2003-1/03/2004.
- Lou Williams gets hot in the fourth quarter. Lou has scored 10 or more points in the fourth quarter six times this season.
- So Philly lost to the Lakers recently and it's not likely they will do that again tonight. Philly is one of three teams to not lose consecutive games this season.
- Spurs might want to score over 100 tonight. The Sixers are 18-3 when holding opponents below 100 points this season.
- If the Sixers are going to win, they win big! The Sixers lead the NBA in point differential so far this season at +10 ppg.
Matchup to watch -- Tony Parker vs. Jrue Holiday. Here is how TP and Holiday fared against each other last season (via nba.com).