According to DarioShow.com, San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili has still not made a final decision in regards to playing in Italy during the lockout.
Virtus Bologna, where Ginobili played prior to joining the Spurs, has offered Ginobili a contract and has also made headlines for offering Kobe Bryant a generous contract as well.
Ginobili said the offer has not been rejected and he'll continue to mull it over until he has to make a decision at the end of the month.
"We have not rejected the proposal of Bologna. I felt very comfortable there during the time I played. In addition, my wife loves Italy Marianela, "he confessed DiarioShow.com Manu and added:" The possibility exists, and I have until the end of the month to give an answer ."
"I have time until this month to decide. And I'm thinking. Would be a few months until the lockout is resolved in the NBA, and then return to San Antonio ", acknowledged the number five of the Argentina basketball.
Relocating his wife and two children will likely weigh heavily in Ginobili's decision, and while he has received other offers, the one from Virtus Bologna is the only one under consideration.
"They contacted my agent, but declined. If I play somewhere else that is not San Antonio will be in Bologna."
If Ginobili were to accept the offer with Virtus, it would be a bit of a double-edged sword for Spurs fans. While it is great that Ginobili will have a chance to remain in game shape playing overseas, it also increases the risk of injury.
i think Ginobili should get some rest after winning the gold in the FIBAs. i would want to make sure that arm is 100% healthy.
Manu Ginobili & Kobe Bryant are waiting to see which one signs first with Virtus Bologna I think that's what it comes down too in terms of which player signs first. Once Manu or Kobe signs they will both ink those contracts, you know good and well that they want to be teammates I know I would.