• The San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks have an intense rivalry but it's only appreciated in Texas and not nationally according to Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban:
"It's appreciated in Texas,'' Cuban said. "But outside the state of Texas they don't give a [hoot].
Spurs and Mavericks players chime in on the rivalry:
- Tim Duncan: "We are always two pretty good teams, and it all comes down to us in the division over the last couple of years,'' Duncan said. "Every game is important when we face each other and every game is always really intense. "It's a lot of fun to play in, a lot of high intensity, great playoff-type atmosphere, and at this part of the season great preparation.''
- Tyson Chandler: "I think everybody on this team has a little bad blood towards the Spurs,'' Chandler said. "They knocked me out of the playoffs [in New Orleans] a couple of years ago, and they knocked [the Mavs] out last year.' "They're so well balanced,'' Chandler said. "Definitely you've got to give a lot of credit to coach Pop and what he's been able to accomplish just putting guys in a system. That says a lot about a coach.''
- Jason Terry: "Obviously you know what the rivalry means to us,'' Terry said. "It's a fierce competitive one and everybody's going to come to play tonight. "The many battles we've had over the years, obviously it's one of the biggest games on your schedule every year. No matter where you play it, it's going to be intense, and it's going to be a fight to the finish.'' (star-telegram.com)
• With the NCAA Tournament underway, Express News' Tim Griffin talks about new Spur Danny Green as the only Spurs player with an NCAA title ring.
• NBA.com looked at the best bench lineups and the San Antonio Spurs have the best:
But the No. 1 offensive lineup in the league is also a bench unit. The Spurs‘ lineup of George Hill, Gary Neal, Manu Ginobili, Matt Bonner and Antonio McDyess barely meets the 100 minutes requirement, but has been amazingly efficient.
That Spurs lineup edges out the Bulls’ lineup of Rose, Brewer, Luol Deng, Gibson and Asik as the best bench lineup in the league overall. And yes, Ginobili, Rose and Deng are all starters.
Hit the jump to read on how you can win free tickets to the Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers in San Antonio this month, a former Spur is listed as a top 10 player, where you can see Matt Bonner in San Antonio and more.
• Former Spur Avery Johnson was listed at number nine in the top 10 greatest HBCU basketball players.
• RedsArmy.com is keeping a close eye on the Spurs as the playoffs approach.
• Former Spur Corey Crowder is happy to help his son Jae Crowder who plays for Marquette.
• Find out where former Austin Toros player Keith Langford is now playing at Toros Nation.
• If you are in San Antonio on March 30, Matt Bonner will be making a public appearance. Click HERE to find out where.
• Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you've followed, send out a tweet that says "Follow @TiqFeed_Texas" and include your favorite live Texas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.