• It's that time San Antonio Spurs fans. Playoff tickets will be available this Saturday for the opening round:
Spurs Playoff tickets for Round 1, games A & B range in price from $10 to $295, including lower-level seats starting at $88. Dates, times and opponent for the Spurs first round NBA Playoff schedule will be announced at a later date.
Playoff tickets can be purchased at all Ticketmaster Ticket Center locations, including select H-E-B locations, charge by phone at (210) 225-TEAM or online at spurs.com or ticketmaster.com.
Playoff tickets can also be purchased at the AT&T Center Southeast Box Office Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. and weekend event days only, beginning at 10 a.m.
• See what R.C. Buford had to say about Tim Duncan's injury at Spurs.com.
• Express News' Tim Griffin talks about the upcoming games for the Spurs.
• Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich on Steve Novak's inbound pass that sailed out of bounds in the loss to the Portland Trail Blazers:
Asked about the play, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offered: “Yeah, we wanted to throw it straight out of bounds without anybody touching it.” (nba.com)
• Speaking of the Spurs loss to the Blazers, woai.com asks who is the bigger bonehead -- the Spurs for losing to the Blazers or former NFL player Lawrence Taylor?
• RedsArmy.com watches every move the Spurs make. Celtics fans know the Spurs might give their team some problems this Thursday if Duncan and Manu Ginobili return to action.
Hit the jump to read about a former Spur making it in the NBA, an injured Celtic to make his return versus the Spurs, and more.
• Former Spur Garrett Temple has been signed for the rest of the season with the Charlotte Bobcats.
• Boston Celtics' Jermaine O'Neal still plans to return to action versus the Spurs this Thursday:
When Jermaine O'Neal underwent surgery on Feb. 4 to repair his injured left knee, Celtics exec Danny Ainge gave an estimate of six to eight weeks before the veteran big man returned to game action. He wasn't lying -- O'Neal is now on track to return on Thursday against the Spurs, eight weeks after the operation. (nesn.com)
• The Seattle Post-Intelligencer talks about the Spurs:
San Antonio Spurs - Tim Duncan's numbers may be down this season but his importance to the San Antonio certainly is not. The Spurs, who have led the race for the NBA's best record from wire-to-wire, have now lost a season- high three straight since Duncan sprained his left ankle in a win over Golden State last Monday. To make matters worse, San Antonio also lost star swingman Manu Ginobili for much of the second half in Sunday's 111-104 loss at Memphis with bruised a bruised left quadriceps. With a four-game edge over the Lakers for the top spot in the Western Conference and a five-game lead over Dallas in the Southwest Division with nine games to play, the Spurs will be extra cautious with both down the stretch but it's hard to imagine them hitting the postseason with a lot of momentum.
• Oklahoma City Thunder's Thabo Sefalosa is being compared to former Spur Bruce Bowen:
Kendrick Perkins has been singing the praises of Thabo Sefolosha since joining the Thunder as Sefolosha is gaining a reputation as an athletic Bruce Bowen. Said Perkins: “He's a guy who brings value to the court without it really showing up in the stat sheet, He's a huge part of why we're a great defensive team.” (nba.com)
IF they keep on SHARING the BALL, THEY could have WON all these WINNABLE games. They get EXCITED to shoot 3s but don't make THEM. TOs killed them, too. THEY don't take care of the BALL during crucial time. HOLD on to the BALL after the REBOUND or a STEAL. Other teams are more athletic than you guys.
TIAGO is showing us some good basketball. HE just need to work on those FTs. The TEAM needs those baskets bad. DeJuan is losing his touch after they moved him to the bench. Come on, don't feel bad. Continue what you do best. MANU had done it and you can do it, too! you WANT TO BE THE best, RIGHT?
BE confident guys! YOU've GONE this far. YOU worked HARD and just continue ON. YOU need to STEP-UP with the other KEY PLAYERS' absence. YOU will earn your MINUTES. PROVE yourselves that you can do it. YOU'RE A SPuR !!!!! DRIVE for FIVE guys!!!!!