• What do you get when you combine former San Antonio Spurs players Dennis Rodman and Steve Kerr? Answer: Minnesota Timberwolves' Kevin Love:
So, what do you get when you combine the rebounding ability of Rodman with the long-range accuracy of Kerr?
Through Wednesday, Love was leading the league with a rebound percentage of 23.3 percent. That figure, if it holds, would be the 12th-highest rebound percentage in N.B.A. history.
Coupled with that, Love is hitting 43.9 percent of his 3-point field goal attempts, is tied with two other players for 9th best percentage in the league. (source nytimes.com)
• Does Manu Ginobili have a strong case for NBA MVP? Dimemag takes a look:
The Manu-for-MVP argument has legs: Ginobili has (arguably) been the best player on the best team in the NBA, averaging 18.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.8 steals per game as the Spurs are 40-7 record going into Thursday’s schedule.
• The Spurs and Lakers have been the two most dominant teams in recent NBA history that it's not even a competition says ESPN:
Over the last 12 seasons, the Lakers and Spurs have combined for nine NBA championships, 21 seasons with a winning percentage of .600 or better, and a grand total of one losing campaign. They're easily the two most successful franchises in the NBA over that time.
It's not even a competition.
• For those older Spurs fans who remember the San Antonio TV show "Coyote Clubhouse," then I'm sure the name Michelle Beadle will sound familiar. Beadle is now with ESPN but before that she used to be the host of "Coyote Clubhouse":
Her first TV job was co-hosting a kids' show called Coyote Clubhouse with the Spurs mascot on a San Antonio station. (source chron.com)
• Former Spurs coach Bob Hill was named the coach the Tokyo Apache basketball team in Japan and now he has added his son Casey Hill to the teams' coaching ranks:
Former NBA coach Bob Hill couldn't pass up the opportunity to work the bench with his son — even if it meant going all the way to Japan.
Hill accepted an invitation to coach the Tokyo Apache when the team's American owners agreed to let him add his son to the staff.
"In the final analysis, them letting me bring Casey as my assistant was a significant reason," Hill said. "To take your son overseas and coach with him in professional basketball is something that he and I will never forget."
It was an opportunity Hill never had in a career that has included stints coaching the New York Knicks, the Indiana Pacers, the San Antonio Spurs, and the Seattle SuperSonics, as well as overseas in Italy and China. (source usatoday.com)
• NBA.com discusses the Spurs' Rodeo Road Trip.
The Lakers and the Spurs are really the most two dominant teams in more than a decade and it could be summed up with two names. Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant. Right now Manu Ginobili is taking more responsibility in San Antonio and that could make a difference for the Spurs to get their fifth NBA title.
As a basketball fan, I think Kevin Love deserves to be in the All Star game over Blake Griffin. Griffin was chosen because he's playing for an LA team but you compare those two Love clearly has the advantage.
@DennisM AMEN! to that brother! Go Spurs Go!