The San Antonio Spurs have officially kicked off the Rodeo Road trip with a visit to Portland last night in a loss to the Trail Blazers.
That was just game one of a nine games on the road for San Antonio, and with that being said, here are a few facts about the Spurs' annual road trip:
- Spurs will visit nine different cities over the course of 17 days.
- Since moving to the AT&T Center, the Spurs Rodeo Road Trip record is 44-20 (.688) (winning percentage prior to current road trip).
- Last season, the Spurs went 4-4 on the trip.
Breaking down the mileage:
- San Antonio to Portland - 2,493 miles.
- Portland to Los Angeles - 824 miles.
- Los Angeles to Sacramento - 360 miles.
- Sacramento to San Antonio - 1,455 miles.
- San Antonio to Detroit - 1,228 miles.
- Detroit to Toronto - 206 miles.
- Toronto to Philadelphia - 337 miles.
- Philadelphia to Washington DC - 120 miles.
- Washington DC to Newark - 197 miles.
- Newark to Chicago - 704 miles.
- Chicago to San Antonio - 1,041 miles.
- Grand total: 8,965 miles.
That loss against a depleted Blazers team should be a wake up call, remember Portland is currently seeded number 8 which means if the playoffs started today, the Spurs will meet Blazers we must learn how to beat this team and not give them confidence.
That a lot miles, 44-20? wow the Spurs have really used the road trip to be a better team, I hope that continues.