Just because there is an NBA lockout doesn't mean the NBA schedule makers have stopped planning for the upcoming season.
Whether or not there will be a new season remains to be seen but the NBA has released the 2011-2012 preseason schedule and for the Spurs, it means a few of good games against the Thunder, Rockets, and Magic.
- October 9: Spurs vs. Hornets in San Antonio at 7:30PM
- October 11: Spurs at Kings in Sacramento at 7:00PM
- October 15: Spurs vs. Kings in San Antonio at 7:30PM
- October 17: Spurs vs. Cavaliers in San Antonio at 7:30PM
- October 20: Spurs vs. Magic in San Antonio at 7:30PM
- October 24: Spurs at Rockets in Houston at 7:00PM
- October 27: Spurs at Thunder in Oklahoma City at 7:00PM
Hopefully this is a good sign that there will be a new season and for Spurs fans, it will be a chance to get a sneak peek at the newest members of the team - Kawhi Leonard and Cory Joseph.
However, jot these preseason dates as "tentative" since the lockout appears to be on the verge of eating into the new season.
The spurs are correct in preparing for the future and they appear optimistic of games this season. Yea, good for them. It may mean also that they are scouting some free agents and rookies. I couldn't agree more with their action. Will they bring in new players during their pre-season games like K. Fesenko, C. Landry, E. Clark, McRoberts, R. Richards, R. Sessions and N, deColo? About time. It will be a great day for spurs' fans like me.