• Memphis Grizzlies' Mike Conley shares what Memphis has to do in game two to defeat the San Antonio Spurs:
Continue to move the ball side to side. That's the biggest key because if we just settle for first options the Spurs will kill us. They're a very good defensive team. As long as we are able to move the ball, give them different looks, misdirection looks, it's hard to defend any team in the NBA that swings the ball and throws it in the post pretty quick and let the big guy go to work. (usatoday.com)
• There was a huge timing error in game one of the Spurs-Grizzlies series and WOAI.com says the refs should be held accountable:
• Express News' Tim Griffin says game one losses in the playoffs for the Spurs is not that huge of a blow.
• Check out the post game one Q&A Project Spurs did with Grizzlies' site 3 Shades of Blue by clicking HERE.
• Hoops Manifesto says Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is their NBA Coach of the Year:
The idea of the San Antonio Spurs still being a dominant NBA power was all but considered dead heading into this season. Their total regular season wins had declined each season since they won 63 in 2005/06. Key contributors Richard Jefferson, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Matt Bonner and Antonio McDyess were all on the wrong side of 30-years-old. And the team's blueprint of pounding the ball inside to Duncan and working the offense through him was archaic in today's guard dominated NBA. So what did our choice for Coach of the Year, Gregg Popovich, do? He coaxed 61 wins out of his roster, despite Duncan playing and contributing the least in his storied career. He revamped the offense, gave the ball to Ginobili and turned the team into one of the League's most explosive. And he's got the Spurs aiming for yet another NBA title. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
this isnt the 1st playoff game the spurs got screwed by the time keepers. this one didnt cost us the game but it surely cost us over time.
as for manu coming back, i would be ok with him sitting out one more game just to make sure he is 100%. i mean if the spurs cant beat the griz at home without him then they might as well kiss the title or any more playoff advancements good bye.