• Let's see San Antonio Spurs' Gary Neal's clutch three point shot against the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 5 one more time but this time, let's listen to the call from Spurs' TV duo of Sean Elliott and Bill "I'm so excited my voice cracked" Land:
• Since we are on the topic of TV announcers, Bloguin's own Awful Announcing takes issue with the Grizzlies' TV crew when Neal made the clutch three point shot.
• Express News' Tim Griffin shares the quotes from the Spurs-Grizzlies Game 5.
• Basketball Prospectus hands out some awards and a few Spurs received some votes for MVP, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Man of the Year, Executive of the Year, All-NBA Team, and All-Rookie Team. Oh and Gregg Popovich is not the 2011 NBA Coach of the Year according to the site.
• With the Oklahoma City Thunder waiting on either the Spurs or Grizzlies, Newsok.com weighs in on which team the Thunder would rather face.
• NBA.com asks what is it about teams from Memphis and playing in San Antonio:
It was the 2008 NCAA championship game just up the road when Chalmers hit a high, arcing jumper for Kansas that forced overtime and eventually sent the Memphis Tigers to defeat.
This time it was Neal, the undrafted, 26-year-old rookie who buried the shot that sent Game 5 into overtime and saved the Spurs from an early grave.
• Tomorrow you can chat with Spurs legend George Gervin at ESPN.
• Playmakeronline.com recaps last night's Spurs win.
• Pounding the Rock also recaps last night's Spurs win.
• USA Today asks if the Spurs became relevant again after last night's thrilling win.
one of my biggest pet peeves is when the away team (regardless of who is playing where) is calling the game over the home teams people. this seems to happen a lot more often with the spurs then other teams. as i am in houston and not SA, i dont get the local call very often on league pass and last games nba tv was a pure let down. this is the playoffs we are supposed to have "non bias" calls for every game but even the tnt/espn guys are bias against the spurs 8 out of 10 times.
@JohnAbney i prefer the national tv guys. but the worst are the blazers tv guys. have you ever heard them?
@JeffProjectSpurs i am sure i have, cant think of them off the top of my head though. im not a fan of the boston guys personally. my wife gets mad when the other teams people call the game too, she is generally only listening not watching so she gets things mixed up some times, cheering the wrong team LOL. while his knowledge is unsurpassed, i cant listen to hubie brown. about 2-3 years ago i was watching a spurs game (maybe spurs vs hornets playoffs???) and hubie was calling the game and he said his typical (i cant stand it) "well we know xxxxxxxxxxxx" then he followed it with "well what we know is that bonner is an excellent defender so xxxxxxxxxxx" after that line i said no more, cant do hubie any more.
i have to say brevin knight is kinda terrible too though.