The Spurs went 1-1 for the week. They started off with a nice win over the Oklahoma City Thunder where Manu reminded us that he's still, well, Manu Ginobili. Then they lost to the Houston Rockets failing to complete a comeback attempt.
Now on to the links.
- NBA.COM - Spurs.com's Ben Hunt caught up with Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford for an exclusive post-trade deadline interview.
- 48 Minutes of Hell - Timothy Varner made a nice run down of Manu Ginobili's scoring spurt in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter against the Detroit Pistons.
- ESPN - Henry Abbott on Manu Ginobili's iron will.
- San Antonio Express News - Buck Harvey confirmed that Manu Ginobili is not normal. Well, he is actually Batman wearing jersey # 20 and plays for the Spurs.
- SLAM Online - Adam Fleischer's interview with George Hill is a must read.
- WOAI - Humberto Cervera talked about Manu Ginobili’s new move and some interesting Spurs rituals.
- San Antonio Express News - Buck Harvey questioned the Spurs for not making a run at Marcus Camby at the trade deadline.
- NBA.COM - Ken Rodriguez shares us this great story about Manu's beginnings as a basketball player in Bahia Blanca.
- Bleacher Report - Robert Kleeman says that Richard Jefferson's wake up call starts with Spurs' trade deadline silence. It's about time you step up big time RJ!
- San Antonio Express News - Mike Monroe believes that trades in the West means bad news for Spurs.
- MLive - Patrick Hayes thinks that the San Antonio Spurs are not a good comparison for the Detroit Pistons.
- San Antonio Express News - Mike Monroe reported on Popovich's plan to play Richard Jefferson as a small forward. That means less small ball lineup for the Spurs. Hooray!
- NBA.COM - Spurs.com's Ben Hunt recently had the chance to talk with Spurs legend David Robinson about how the Spurs are making a difference in the San Antonio Community and his visions for giving.
- Bleacher Report - Chad Smith gave his list of the 5 Most Underrated NBA Point Guards. Find out who is on the list.
- Greg’s Views On The State of The Nation - Gregory Moore talked about the block that was felt in Spurs land.
- San Antonio Express News - Jeff McDonald thinks that Manu was possessed in the Spurs' win over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- ESPN - Henry Abbott tell us that good players aren't afraid to touch teammates. He even goes on saying that "As a supportive teammate, one of my favorite players has always been Tim Duncan..."
- Pounding the Rock! - Tim C. taking a poll on the Spurs offseason needs.
In case you missed them, here are some great reads from us here on Project Spurs.
- Jeff Garcia gave a report about Malik Hairston being recalled from Austin and thinks that giving Tony Parker some rest will be good for the Spurs' starting point guard.
- The Rodeo Road Trip aftermath. Fans expressed their hopes and frustration about the Spurs' chances this season. Share us your thoughts at the comment section.
- Jeff Garcia gave us an update about Tony Parker's recent injury.
- Michael De Leon participated in Bloguin's blogpoll and gave out the list for MVP and ROY rankings.
- This season, the Spurs can't seem to get the right rhythm and it must be a challenge for Coach Pop. A lot of fans shared their own thoughts on how can the Spurs get better this season. Tell us what you think at the comment section.
- Jeff Garcia reported about Real Madrid's intentions to make a bid on Tiago Spiltter. Does this mean Tiago will never be a Spur? We'll soon find out.
- Arianné Villanueva is back for her 5th episode of the Spanish Spurscast. Check it out!
- After the Spurs dropped their last two games on the Rodeo trip against the Philadelphia 76rs and the Detroit Pistons, Jeff Garcia decided that it was time to bring in the bigger guns to motivate the Spurs.
- Michael De Leon and Jeff Garcia hosted a live Spurscast for the Spurs vs. Thunder game. It's fun! Spurs fans should join us on our future live chats.
- Jeff Garcia made a great recap on the Spurs vs. Thunder game and talked about Manu Ginobili's block on Kevin Durant. Now should the Spurs re-sign Manu? I think so.
- In this latest episode of the Spurscast, Michael De Leon and Jeff Garcia gave their take on the Spurs vs. Thunder game and looked ahead at the Spurs' upcoming schedule. A MUST LISTEN for all Spurs fans.
- Most Spurs fans thinks that they knew Tim Duncan and DeJuan Blair fairly well. Here's another tidbit of information about Duncan and Blair by Jeff Garcia.
- With the Spurs needing some added boost for the stretch run, can they turn to these Austin Toros to get some help? Discuss with us.
- Michael De Leon told us about former Spur Alvin Robertson's latest debacle and was actually linked by the Huffington Post.
- Jeff Garcia reported about Tony Parker's doubtful status for the Houston Rockets game and then made a unique and awesome recap for the Spurs vs. Rockets game.
Once again, the Spurs couldn't sustain momentum after a big win. Maybe they'll get it done in the next few games. Winning their upcoming game against the Phoenix Suns would be a nice start!
Enjoy reading and have a great weekend!