• Want free San Antonio Spurs tickets? Of course you do! We here at Project Spurs are giving away free tickets to either the Denver Nuggets or Los Angeles Lakers game. How do you get them? Find out by clicking HERE.
• The San Antonio Spurs keep winning and all of the NBA and sports world is taking notice including Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki:
With a record of 21-5 (13-4 at home), which included a 12-game win streak, much has gone right. Yet, the Mavs have yet to spend a day alone in first place in the Southwest Division, and after going 14-1 over their last 15 games, they’ve barely scratched a couple of games off the San Antonio Spurs’ lead.
“Not even that,” said Dirk Nowitzki, noting the Mavs have moved from three games back to two entering Monday's games. “They’re playing well. They’ve been fortunate on a couple games. Obviously, we’ve been following them and they snuck out in overtime again (Saturday night against Memphis). It almost seems like they’ve changed their philosophy around a little bit. They’re playing a lot more offense and they’re giving up more points.
“But, for some reason, the Spurs just always win. It doesn’t matter. They used to win 75-74 and now they win 110-109.” (source ESPN.com)
I'm sure this is music to Spurs fans' ears all across the globe.
• During this current winning streak, the Spurs have had some dramatic finishes against the Milwaukee Bucks and Denver Nuggets. In both games, the wins were secured because of Manu Ginobili's clutch play. Here is what Ginobili had to say about the Spurs' last-second victories:
• Express News' Tim Griffin has a food suggestion for the Spurs and if you are health conscious then you probably don't want to read this. Ahh forget it! You know you want to see what it is! Click HERE.
• American Express has partnered with the NBA after a five year absence and it's partly due to the Spurs:
Mark Tatum, the executive vice president for global marketing partnerships at the N.B.A, said, “The resurgence of the Knicks, nytimes.com), the , the Lakers, the Celtics: there are very exciting story lines and people want to be associated with the N.B.A. right now.” (source
• The Spurs continue to give back to the San Antonio community this time by donating a portion of the tickets sales for the upcoming game against the Mavericks to San Antonio libraries:
If you’re a library fan and a Spurs fan, here’s a way to beat the holiday shopping full court press and feel good about your gift.
Friday, January 14, 2011, is San Antonio Public Library Night with the Spurs — meaning that a portion of the proceeds from ticket sales for that night will benefit the Library. The Spurs are playing the Dallas Mavericks that evening. (source bizjournals.com)
• Speaking of giving back to San Antonio, DeJuan Blair or should I say Santa Blair gave Christmas gifts for area San Antonio children:
(videos courtesy of woai.com)