Latest Project Spurs Western Conference Power Rankings
Written by Michael A. De Leon on .
With the regular season almost over and the playoffs right around the corner, which teams are tops in the West? Well let's take a look:
1. Spurs. On a 7 game winning streak, beating teams like the Rockets and Mavs, this team is finding their groove and with Mike Finley finally catching his shooting stroke, this team is reminding the leagie that the road to the title goes through San Antonio.
2. Hornets. Who would have thought that this team would be tied for first in the West heading into the playoffs. But can they hang on to the top spot with remaining games against playoffs teams?
3. Lakers. No Pau? No Bynum? No problem. This team is still plugging away despite the injuries, and when at full strength this team may come out of the West.
4. Suns. It started out shaky when the Suns signed Shaq but now its playing off. Now they have a dominant big man when the slow down pace of the playoffs roll around.
5. Jazz. Awesome home record, weak road record. They will need to win on the road come playoff time especially after losing to the Timberwolves on the road.
6. Warriors. Which ever team draws this squad in the first round better be prepared for a long series. They can shoot, run but their defense is suspect.
7. Rockets. After winning 22 in a row, they now have come back to earth getting blasted against the Spurs. But they have one of the easier remaining schedule among the Western teams fighting for playoff positioning.
8. Nuggets. They cracked the top 8 and as of now, they are in the playoffs. But they will have to remain focused as the Mavs are right on their tails for the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs.